Tuesday, September 4, 2007

SEPTEMBER 4, 2007

TUESDAY...Welcome back to everyone! I trust you all had a restful and relaxing three-day weekend. School started off again with a bang! We had a visitor to class, Bongo the corn snake! The kids loved it, and are now asking me for a class pet. I think I'm in trouble!

But other than the visit from Bongo, and the lesson on "what happens to a mouse when you squeeze it" she taught us while feeding, the students fell right back into the curriculum and got straight to work.

Everyone has been doing a terrific job, and has managed to wade through the craziness of the first days of school without so much as a complaint. As your teacher, I'm very appreciative of all the hard work and effort I've seen in the last week. Keep up the good work, students!

Oh, and Angela or Victorio, if you ever need a job as a snake handler, you've definitely have my recommendation!

We'll be playing a little bit of catch-up in math today and tomorrow, so be ready for some intensive lessons on comparing and chart reading.

Also, we will be covering a non-fiction story on El Nino and tornado chasing in reading. If you have access to a computer, please do a little research and tell us what you find out about El Nino!

And for those of you who didn't hear me explain homework...which I hope is no one...it's due on MONDAY, and you do NOT need to complete the math questions on fractions since we have not covered that in class this week. You DO have to write out your reading logs, however. One entry a day for the entire week, including the weekend.

Have a great day and see you tomorrow, students!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! I love animals! they are cute and sometimes dangerous, but i still like it! i wish our class could also touch an animal.. wonder what it would be.